Thomas Jefferson, one of my personal heroes said,
“Don’t talk about what you have done or what you are going to do.”
Before deciding who to entrust your case to, you should know the character of the lawyer you hire. I am dedicated to preserving the rights that our founding fathers outlined when they created the constitution. Consumer rights are designed to prevent exploitative financial situations and regulate how financial institutions can collect debts and interest rates they can charge.
Jefferson also said,
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporation’s.”
This is what continues to inspire me to stand up for consumers and fight on behalf of the little guy.
For the last several years I have been an Adjunct Professor of Law at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. An Adjunct Professor of Law is expected to fulfill the same responsibilities as members of the full-time faculty who are assigned to teach courses in all law school programs.
Additionally, I have lectured numerous times on various consumer law topics for the National Consumer Law Center, Lorman Education Services, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, and the Chicago Bar Association. I have been invited to speak on multiple panels to address issues related to debt collection and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and I have appeared on WGN News and various local radio shows to discuss other consumer-related issues.
I have been practicing law for more than twenty years, having graduated from the John Marshall School of Law in 1993. From 1993 until March 1996, I was employed by Teller, Levit, and Silvertrust in Chicago. From April 1996 until November 1998, I was employed by Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates. In January of 1999, I founded the Consumer Advocacy Center, P.C. and, since that time, I have focused my practice on the representation of consumers in individual and class actions lawsuits.
I am a Member in Good Standing of the Bars of the following Courts:
- Supreme Court of Illinois – November 4, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois – December 16, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit – January 17, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit – December 23, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana – June 8, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin – December 12, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan – March 17, 2008
I have been Admitted Pro Hac Vice in cases pending in the following other Courts:
- Harris County State Court, Houston, Texas;
- Hennipan County State Court, Albany, California;
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York;
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York;
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California;
- Superior Court of the State of Connecticut, J.D. of Stamford, Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
I am a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates and the Illinois State Bar Association. I am also a member of the Trial Bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division.
Languages spoken: English, Spanish